Keith Scott WAS carrying a stolen gun, police say – and his wife filed for a restraining order against him saying he was armed, violent and had threatened to kill her
- Keith Scott's gun had been reported stolen, authorities said on Monday
- A breaking and entering suspect told officials he had sold him the gun
- His wife Rakeyia got a restraining order in October last year, records show
- She wrote: 'He carries a 9mm black' and said he had hit her and a child
- Scott, 43, was shot and killed Tuesday after a confrontation with Charlotte, North Carolina police
Keith Scott was carrying a stolen gun when he was shot and killed during a confrontation with police in Charlotte, North Carolina, authorities have said.