EXCLUSIVE: Illegal immigrants are being deported on PRIVATE JETS - and taxpayers are on hook for $300,000 every day to fly aliens back to their home countries
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) spent $116m in 2015 to transport illegal immigrants
- More than 40% of those who violated their visas were convicted criminals
- Of those over 1,000 were identified as organized crime or gang members
- Agency once hired a Boeing 767-300 to take an immigrant back to Nigeria
- They also hired Gulfstream IV executive jets for so-called 'high-risk charters' on at least 34 occasions
- Campaigners for taxpayers' rights have said the figures obtained by the Daily Mail Online are 'insane' and an 'outrageous waste of tax dollars'
- Mexico is country of origin for biggest number of illegal who are deported
American taxpayers are forking out more than $300,000 every day to deport illegal immigrants on commercial flights and even on private jets, Daily Mail Online can exclusively reveal.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) spent $116m in 2015 to transport 235,413 people in the United States illegally back to their home countries.
More than 40 per cent of those who had violated visa restrictions were convicted criminals while more than 1,000 were identified as gang members.
A group campaigning for taxpayers' rights have said the figures obtained by the Daily Mail Online are 'insane' and an 'outrageous waste of tax dollars'.
The ICE revealed to Daily Mail Online that the average cost of every immigrant in 2015 was $12,213.
The cost includes identifying the immigrant, apprehending them, placing them in a detention center, their process through immigration court and their subsequent removal.
ARTICLE AND VIDEO: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3506824/How-border-officials-using-300-000-taxpayer-money-DAY-deport-illegal-immigra.html#ixzz45u2lYl3z