Sunday, June 28, 2015

OBAMA'S 1995 LETTER TO HIS BROTHER IN AFRICA


President Obama’s half-brother has sold a handwritten letter the president sent him 20 years ago – revealing he planned to venture into politics to tackle ‘some serious issues blacks face here’.
It is the third personal note Malik Abongo ‘Roy’ Obama has auctioned in recent years.
But this, dated 23 July 1995, is perhaps the most revealing about the president-to-be’s political ambitions.

Dear Abongo,
Hey there, brother! How are you faring these days. I received your postcard, along with the news that you’ve found a new wife. Man, I must say you don’t fool around! Please write and tell me more about her. A photo would also be nice, although I have no doubt that she is beautiful.
How is it otherwise being at home? I hope everyone is well, in good health and in good spirits. I understand that you have bought some property, and that you brought over a vehicle from the UK after all. Any other business ventures? I’m very eager to hear about everything, and trust that your hard work and planning will pay off in the near future.
As for me, I am very busy these days. As you can see, the book is finished and in the bookstores, so I have been going to various bookstores to talk about the book. In addition, some colleagues of mine here have talked me into running for the Illinois State Senate (like being an MP for a province, not the national United States Congress in D.C.) I have agreed, since I have an interest in politics to deal with some of the serious issues blacks face here. Of course, it involves a lot of campaigning, going to meetings and so on, which I don’t find so attractive. Anyway, if I win it will only be a part-tine post, and I will continue my work as a lawyer.
Michelle is fine, also busy with her work. My mum’s health has stabilized for now, but she is by no means cured and continues to undergo extensive treatment. Maya has gone back to Hawaii for the summer to keep her company, which I think put her in better spirits. Tutu, Maya and Mum all send their love.
Please send my love to Bernard, Abo, Sayid, Abongo, Silpa, Granny, your mum, and all the rest of the family. I have sent an extra, paperback version of the book to be passed around if anyone else is interested. I hope to hear from you soon, with news of happiness and success.
Much love –
Barack

ARTICLE

No comments:

Post a Comment