Wednesday, September 21, 2011

SAY IT ISN"T SO!!!!

One Night I Found Myself
In a nightmare I found myself nude in bed
looking at a mirror on the ceiling. I saw I
was a circumcised Negro.
I quickly sat up, found my pants and looked
for my drivers license photo. I was the same
color - black. I was sitting in a chair very
depressed, downcast.
But it is a wheelchair.
Of course that means besides being black
and Jewish I am also disabled. I said aloud:
This is impossible. Impossible that I should
be black, Jewish and disabled.
'It Is The Pure Holy Truth' whispers someone
behind me.
I turn around. It is my boyfriend.
Just what I needed. I am homosexual and
on top of that have a Mexican boyfriend.
Oh my God. Black, Jewish, disabled, gay,
a Mexican boyfriend, and I am an HIV
positive drug addict.
Desperate I begin to shout, cry, pull my
hair. Oh no. I am bald.
The telephone rings. It is my brother.
He is saying: Since mom and dad died
the only thing you do is hang out, do drugs
and laze around all day doing nothing. Get
a job you worthless piece of crap. Any job.
Mom. Dad. No. No. Now I am also an out
of work orphan.
I try to explain to my brother how hard it
is to find a job when you are black, Jewish,
disabled, gay with a Mexican boyfriend,
and a drug addict, HIV positive, bald and
an orphan. But he does not get it.
Frustrated, I hang up. It is then I realize
I have only one hand. With tears in my
eyes I go to the window to look out. I see
I live in a shanty town full of cardboard
and tin houses. There is trash everywhere.
Suddenly I feel a sharp pain near my
pacemaker. Pacemaker?

Besides being black, Jewish, disabled, a
fairy with a Mexican boyfriend, a drug
addict, HIV positive, bald, orphaned,
unemployed, an invalid with one hand and
a bad heart, I live in a slum neighborhood.
At that moment my boyfriend approaches
and says.
Sweetie pie, my love, my little black heart
throb, have you decided what you are going
to wear to Washington to see Obama?
Say it is not so. I can handle being a black
disabled, one armed, drug addicted, Jewish
homosexual on a pacemaker who is bald,
HIV positive, orphaned, unemployed, lives
in a slum and has a Mexican boyfriend.
But please.

Oh dear God please tell me I am not a
Democrat.

No comments:

Post a Comment