Wednesday, May 22, 2013

There are only virtual and cloud men left

There Are No Real Men Anymore

May. 22, 2013
There are no more men on the planet.
No males in my generation want to be men. Why do I say this? I met an extractor. His quote?
“Have you seen the movie Taken? That’s what I do.”
That is a man. He goes to foreign countries to retrieve people who have been kidnapped. Not only does he go, but he comes back. Comes back! That’s a man. When he’s not doing that, he’s a bodyguard for Saudi princes and people like Ralph Lauren. And before all of this? He was a New York City drug cop in the eighties. Boom. Full man. He’s been a man for decades!
I could have talked to that guy for hours. Talk to men of this generation?
“Oh, I’m a web developer.”
“I work in advertising.”
“I re-tweet things for companies.”
That last one is a job? Unbelievable. Men of older generations wanted to make an honest living. Men now want to make money by making statements in 140 characters – by making videos or taping a friend getting hit in the nuts with a voiceover of what the pole says.
http://thoughtcatalog.com/2013/there-are-no-real-men-anymore/

No comments:

Post a Comment