Wednesday, October 30, 2013

HUGE LESSON TO BE LEARNED HERE

Everyone thought the economy would disappear in 2009.
Everyone thought the Gulf of Mexico would be ruined. Or nuclear waste from Japan would hit San Francisco or if that you went to college you would be guaranteed a job or if you get a home then you “own” something.
In the 1970s everyone wrote books on how the world would have no food by 1980.
Most people when they get married think it will last forever.
Most people think their children can do no wrong.
Many people think they own their homes despite monthly payments to the bank and the government or else their house will be taken from them.
Many people think their representatives in government fight for them.
Family thinks you should show up at every wedding and every family occasion.
Everyone is wrong almost all of the time and it makes zero sense to argue with them. They are happy being wrong . It fulfills needs they have.
Have you ever changed anyone’s mind in an argument?
When I met Claudia I was sure I would never go out with a girl who spoke English as a Second Language.
Too hard to understand. I’d have to keep repeating myself. I’d have to keep saying “What?”
After the first date i was talking to a friend of mine. I told him Spanish was Claudia’s first language. He said, “I guess that one is over.”
Now I’m married to Claudia. I like her accent.
 
READ THE REST HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment