Sunday, March 17, 2013

MARINE DRAWS WEAPON STOPS BEATING

A Marine Corps veteran with a concealed carry permit stopped a suspect in a brutal beating in West Allis, Wis., on Tuesday morning when he drew his gun and called the police.
Charlie Blackmore, Jr. told Wisconsin Fox affiliate WITI that he saw a man kicking a woman in the head and belly at the side of the road as he was driving to work early the morning of March 12. He pulled his car over and told the suspect to stop, but the man came towards him.
That's when Blackmore, who served in the Marines from 2005 to 2007, decided to draw his weapon, a 9mm handgun. Blackmore told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that the suspect, who he estimated stood more than 6 feet tall and weighed about 220 pounds, proceeded to taunt him, reportedly saying "Shoot me, then."
According to WITI, audio of Blackmore's 911 call reveals the suspect tried to walk away when confronted.
"There’s a black male that just beat up a female in the street. He’s walking away from me. I told him to stop,” Blackmore said on the call. "If you come at me, I will shoot you,” he told the suspect.
Although Blackmore kept his cool. When police arrived, they forced the suspect to the ground and asked for Blackmore's concealed carry permit.
“I put my hands up turned around and said ‘you can grab it out of my wallet.’ Checked my permit, gave me my wallet back, and then interviewed me for their paperwork,” Blackmore told WITI.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/16/charlie-blackmore-marine-veteran-draws-gun_n_2891176.html?ncid=wsc-dl-cards-readmore

No comments:

Post a Comment