Sunday, June 16, 2013

A WEALTHY LAWYER

One afternoon, a wealthy lawyer was riding in the back of his limousine when he saw two men eating grass by the road-side. He ordered his driver to stop, and he got out to investigate.

Why are you eating grass? he asked one man.

We don™t have any money for food, the poor man replied.

Oh, well, you can come with me to my house, instructed the lawyer.

But, sir, I have a wife and two children with me!

Bring them along! replied the lawyer.

He turned to the other man and said: You come with us, too.

But I have a wife and six children, the second man answered.

Bring them as well replied the lawyer.

They all climbed into the car, which was no easy task, even for a car as large as the limousine. Once underway, one of the poor fellows says: Sir you are too kind. Thank you for taking all of us with you.

The lawyer replied: Glad to do it. You™ll love my place; the grass is almost a foot tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment