Thursday, January 2, 2014

The year was 1955

DO YOU REMEMBER???

Did  you hear the post office is thinking about charging 4 cents  just to mail a letter?



If they raise  the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store.




When I first  started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 25 cents a gallon? Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage.





I'm  afraid to send my kids to the movies any more.  Ever  since they let Clark Gable get by with saying DAMN in GONE WITH THE WIND, it seems every new movie has either HELL or DAMN in  it.

I read  the other day where some scientist thinks it's  possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the century.  They even have some fellows they call astronauts preparing for it down in Texas
.


Did you see  where some baseball player just signed a contract  for $50,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday  they'll be making more than the President.




I never  thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances  would be electric. They're even making electric typewriters now.




It's too bad  things are so tough nowadays.  I see where a  few married women are having to work to make ends meet.





It won't be  long before young couples are going to have to  hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work.





I'm afraid  the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to  a whole lot of foreign business.





Thank  goodness I won't live to see the day when the  Government takes half our income in taxes.  I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to government.
<http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?q=Eisenhower+

<http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?q=Eisenhower+&prev=/images?q=Eisenho


The fast food  restaurant is convenient for a quick meal, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch
on.






There is no  sense going on short trips anymore for a  weekend.  It costs nearly $2.00 a night to stay in a hotel.





No one  can afford to be sick anymore.  At $15.00 a  day in the hospital, it's too rich for my blood.


If they  think I'll pay 30 cents for a haircut,  forget it.



Know  any friends who would  get a kick out of these, pass this on!

Be sure and send it to your kids and grand kids,  too







---------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment