Tuesday, February 28, 2012

OPENING PANDORA'S BOX

The Blind Spot

What exists beyond your blindspot?


I let his words settle, while I considered opening Pandora's box. I quickly decided that it was my obligation to pose the tough question-it's what I do.
"John, what would you do if you couldn't play tennis? What's your Plan B? What would keep you interested, engaged, alive and content if that was taken away?"
The shift in his demeanor was stunning, as if he'd been doused in ice water. He was frozen in thought, while the idea swirled in his engineer brain. The look of "this does not compute" flashed across his face.
"Wow, I've never thought of that. I just don't know. I can't imagine my life without tennis; it's such a significant part of my life now and something I've looked forward to all these years."

No comments:

Post a Comment