Saturday, February 18, 2012

WHERE'S MONICA NOW?


Monica Lewinsky reclaims public attention thanks to PBS ‘Clinton’ film

The scandal -- involving a blue dress, a cigar, and some very uncomfortable congressional hearings -- led to the president's impeachment and a major media focus on Lewinsky, who was just 23 and a recent college grad at the time.
Where is she now? Fourteen years later, Lewinsky's hardly in hiding. In fact, she's been quite busy: In 2005, she moved to London and received her master's degree in psychology. Later, she re-located to New York, is frequently spotted out on the town, and has her own handbag business, The Real Monica Inc. Word is, she's still single. And she's still got a real perty mouth. http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/monica-lewinsky-reclaims-public-attention-thanks-pbs-clinton-165104627.html   

====================================================
By Emily Marcus November 28, 2017
Monica Lewinsky Blasts New TV Special About Her Affair With Then-President Bill Clinton- As previously reported, Lewinsky engaged in a sexual affair with then-President Clinton while she was an intern in 1998. Lewinsky has since spoken out about being publicly shamed and ridiculed for years after the news of the relationship went public.

“I felt like every layer of my skin and my identity were ripped off of me in ’98 and ’99,” the fashion designer told the Guardian in April 2016. “It’s a skinning of sorts. You feel incredibly raw and frightened. But I also feel like the shame sticks to you like tar.”

While giving a TED Talk in Vancouver, Canada, in March 2015, Lewinsky further opened up about the scandal and revealed that it will always affect her. “Not a day goes by that I am not reminded of my mistake, and I regret that mistake deeply,” she said at the time. “In 1998, after having been swept up in an improbable romance, I was then swept into the eye of a political, legal, and media maelstrom like we had never seen before … I lost my reputation and my dignity. I lost my sense of self.”

No comments:

Post a Comment