Saturday, November 2, 2013

BIG ALABAMA RATTLER KILLED WITH A SWITCH

CHILTON COUNTY, Alabama - Antonio Chavez was looking forward to bow hunting on his Chilton County property but after nearly stepping on a huge rattlesnake earlier this week, he said he might wait for cooler weather.
"I've made up my mind that I will wait for rifle season,'' Chavez told AL. com.
Chavez, owner of San Marcos Mexican Restaurant in Clanton, said he was out on his hunting land Monday. He was preparing to strap a deer camera to a tree when his friend's wife started to scream. "I mean she hollered real bad,'' Chavez said.
"I guess we disturbed him,'' he said. "He was crawling and the head was up, ready to attack. The rattle was making a lot of noise."
Chavez was carrying a pistol, but said he was shaking too bad to shoot the snake. Instead, he grabbed a five-foot-long switch. "You cut one that is real flexible like a whip,'' he said. "I already knew what to do. I had killed rattlesnakes in Mexico. But this one was unreal."
"I hit it one time behind the head and it went down,'' Chavez said. "Then I shot in the head with my .45 pistol." SEE HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment