Friday, August 5, 2016

PUTTING A LAWYER ON MARS

NASA was interviewing professionals they were thinking of sending to Mars. The touchy part was that only one person could go and it would be a one-way trip. There would be no return.
The interviewer asked the first applicant, an engineer, how much he wanted to be paid for going. “One million dollars,” the engineer answered. “And I want to donate it all to my alma mater – Georgia Tech.”
The next applicant was a doctor, and the interviewer asked him the same question. “Two millions dollars,” the doctor said. “I want to give a million to my family and leave the other million for the advancement of medical research at Medical College of Georgia.”
The last applicant was an attorney and University of Georgia Law School grad. When asked how much money he wanted, he whispered in the interviewer’s ear, “Three million dollars.”
“Why so much more than the others?” the interviewer asked.
“Well,” the lawyer said, “you give me $3 million, I’ll give you a million, I’ll keep a million, and we’ll send the Georgia Tech guy.”
Reach Bill Kirby at (706) 823-3344 or bill.kirby@augustachronicle.com.
It’s always too early to quit.
– Norman Vincent Peale

No comments:

Post a Comment