By Kersley Fitzgerald
There is no doubt that the Antichrist has already been born. Firmly established already in his early years, he will, after reaching maturity, achieve supreme power. ~375-400 AD; Martin of Tours
- Hippolytus of Rome, Sextus Julius Africanus, and Irenaeus all predicted Jesus would return in 500 AD. At least one of these scholars based his prophecy on the dimensions of Noah's Ark.
- Many Christians, including Pope Sylvester II, believed the Millennial Kingdom would end, reasonably enough, on 1000; when that didn't happen, they changed it to 1033, one thousand years after Jesus' crucifixion.
- Joachim of Fiore and his followers started with 1260, pushed it back to 1290, and finally settled on 1335.
- Botticelli, known for that painting of a naked Venus in a clam shell, insisted the Millennium would begin in 1504 because he certainly was living in the Tribulation.
- Martin Luther claimed the end of the world would occur by the year 1600, while Chris Columbus claimed 1656. And then 1658.
- READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE