Sunday, May 31, 2015

PORKY

I was walking in the park one bright sunny Sunday afternoon, when I noticed a cute little girl out walking her dog. As she approached me on the path, she looked about 9 years old, all dressed up in her Sunday best, and her freshly-scrubbed face, just gleaming with cutesiness. Tugging on her leash was a well groomed, but somewhat chubby, terrier. As we met on the path, I greeted her, "Hi there. My, aren't you pretty today, and what a fine looking dog you have." 

"Thank you, sir," she replied, "And what a nice day this is, isn't it?" 

"Yes, it is," I answered. "My, what a polite little girl you are, and what a pretty dress you're wearing." 

"Oh, thank you, sir. My mother taught me to always be polite and she made this dress for me. Isn't it pretty?" she said with a beaming smile. 

"Yes, very pretty" I answered. "By the way, what's your dog's name?" 

"Oh, sir, my dog's name is 'Porky,' isn't that cute?" 
"Well, it certainly is an unusual name for a dog. Why do you call him 'Porky,' because he's a little fat?" 

"Oh, no!" she replied with a smile, "It's because he screws pigs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment